Another good AARP Online Career Summit is being held for free on January 26. Here’s the description:
Put yourself in position to land a new job and join workers and job seekers from across the country. This come-and-go event allows you to pick and choose which parts you attend so you can get the tools and support you need.
Why You Should Attend:
- Watch webinars. Start off with the welcome address from our keynote speaker at 1:15 pm ET then participate in a variety of on-demand webinars that will be available to view at any point during or after the expo on topics like preparing for a tough interview, training for in-demand careers and building a strong online presence
- Learn from a career coach. View answers to frequently asked job questions and submit your own question for a response from a career coach. Also, sign up for a personal consultation with a career coach.
- Network with peers. Participate in live chats on various topics, including work and caregiving, creating an online presence, part-time work in retirement, and negotiating for a raise. You can join as many chats you’d like to network and share experiences with peers.
- Check out the companies that are looking for experienced workers. Learn about featured employers and view open positions with employers that have signed the AARP Employer Pledge, demonstrating their commitment to hiring an age-diverse workforce
- Get job search resources especially for Veterans.