A useful learning and networking opportunity from Next 100: Who Will Get All the New Green Jobs? free webinar on January 25. Here’s the description:
How can the coming wave of new green jobs advance equity across racial, ethnic, gender, and other lines? Which barriers exist in the public workforce system that need to be removed to ensure that people from low-income communities or communities of color can access high-quality jobs and careers?
Join Next100 on January 25 from 1:00–2:00 PM ET as we address these questions, other policy challenges, and opportunities surrounding the clean energy transition and workforce equity.
Opening Remarks by:
- Representative Raúl Grijalva (AZ-3), Chair of U.S. House Natural Resources Committee
- Derrick Figures, labor and economic justice director, The Sierra Club
- Annie Garneva, vice president of policy and special initiatives, New York City Employment and Training Coalition
- Mariah Adamson, teacher’s assistant, Green Tech L.E.A.Ders
- Daniel Munczek Edelman, associate director, Next100
To make the most of this and similar online events, be sure to read our article, How to leverage online industry events for your transition to a green job.