A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in carbon markets: the Driving Impact with Forest Carbon Markets free webinar on April 21. Here’s the description:
More and more companies are pursuing ambitious emissions goals, and science points to nature-based solutions as an immediately deployable part of the world’s net zero pathway. But how can – and how should – companies look to invest in forest carbon?
In this one-hour webcast, speakers from NCX, America’s largest forest carbon market and Green Strategies, a consultancy focused on environmental, sustainability and clean technologies marketplaces will discuss whether and how companies of all sizes should view nature-based solutions as a tool for furthering climate leadership.
The speakers will consider questions including:
- The natural capital and forest carbon opportunity
- Should we really be looking to offset markets as part of the climate solution set?
- What is the appropriate role for offsets in a corporate net-zero strategy?
- How to ensure measurable impact from forest carbon projects
- What’s next?
- Jim Giles, Vice President, Net Zero, GreenBiz Group
- Jennifer Jenkins, Chief Sustainability Officer, NCX
- Roger Ballentine, President, Green Strategies
To make the most of this and similar online events, be sure to read our article, How to leverage online industry events for your transition to a green job.