A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in ESG: the Complying with SEC-Mandated Carbon Emissions Reporting free webinar on June 14.
The recent SEC proposed rule that would require public companies to include certain climate-related information is being seen as a game-changer in ESG reporting. It also stands to accelerate boards of directors and the C-suite to hone their products, processes and business models to meet this new era of transparency and disclosure.
In this conversation, Workiva and Persefoni, both of which have combined expertise in ESG and carbon emissions accounting, will provide the insider perspective on how global regulations are shaping the ESG disclosure field, as well as how companies are streamlining their reporting processes to include carbon emissions per SEC mandate.
Among the things you’ll learn:
- What outcomes might we expect from the SEC’s recent proposed rule?
- How does this proposal rule compare and contrast with other emerging ESG requirements across the globe?
- What are the leading examples of effective, efficient, reliable, timely and assurable ESG disclosure?
- How should companies prepare? What should they do now?
- Joel Makower, Co-Founder & Chairman, GreenBiz Group
- Kristina Wyatt, SVP Global Regulatory Climate Disclosure, Persefoni
- Steve Soter, Senior Director, Accounting Industry Principal, Workiva
To make the most of this and similar online events, be sure to read our article, How to leverage online industry events for your transition to a green job.