A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in ESG: the SEC Proposed Climate-Related Disclosure Rule free webinar on June 29.
The release of the SEC’s Proposed Rule 33-11042, The Enhancement and Standardization of Climate-Related Disclosures for Investors, has put U.S. businesses on notice that climate-related disclosures for publicly traded companies may soon come under more stringent disclosure requirements. The proposed rule would standardize reporting and allow investors to better assess climate risks on financial performance and make sound investing decisions. The rule will also likely impact private companies who are upstream suppliers to public companies.
Join SCS Global Services and SCS Consulting Services on Wednesday, June 29, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern (10:00 a.m. Pacific) for a 30-minute overview where we will discuss:
- IMPACT: What 33-11042 means for U.S. publicly traded companies and private companies in their value chain
- REPORTING: What to disclose and where to start if you’ve never reported
- SCOPE 3: What companies should be aware of, including pain points and problems that can arise
- ASSURANCE: When to assure your data and what you need to have ready on day one
- RISK: Analyzing and disclosing your qualitative and quantitative climate-related risks
To make the most of this and similar online events, be sure to read our article, How to leverage online industry events for your transition to a green job.