A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in ESG: The Scope 3 Challenge: Data, Reporting & Action on the Path to Net Zero free webinar on September 27.
Scope 3 emissions represent the largest and hardest to address segment of most corporate carbon footprints. Complex global value chains, inconsistent measurement, and a lack of transparent disclosure pose immense challenges for companies looking to develop a clear understanding of their full climate impact – a necessity for delivering on science-aligned net zero commitments.
Increasing stakeholder pressure, including potential regulation, is sharpening corporate focus on Scope 3 emissions and highlighting the need for better data and reporting for Scope 3 emissions. Given the complexity of the challenge, innovative technology stands to play a significant role in helping companies chart a path forward. In this webcast, we will hear from experts on the changing Scope 3 data collection and reporting landscape, innovative approaches to Scope 3 management and how robust value chain strategies have helped companies make progress on climate goals.
Topics will include:
- How companies are currently approaching supplier engagement and data collection
- How companies are leveraging technology and innovation to tackle Scope 3 challenges
- The business benefits of improving Scope 3 emissions reporting and management in the net zero transition
- Jim Giles, Vice President, Net Zero, GreenBiz Group
- Elizabeth Sturcken, Managing Director, EDF+Business
- Jen Bennett, Technical Director, Sustainability, Office of the CTO, Google Cloud
- Kevin Rabinovitch, Global Vice President of Sustainability & Chief Climate Officer, Mars Inc.
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service: book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂