A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in ESG: The How to Use Climate Science to Drive Your Net Zero Strategy free webinar on December 8.
New Global Carbon Budget (GCB) projections – recently released at COP27 in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt – showcase not only how much progress has been made in the past year to reduce CO2 emissions, but also how many years of “carbon budget” we have left.
Join us to learn about the latest GCB, last year’s carbon emissions trends, and how leaders can use this date to drive net zero strategies.
The webinar will be led by University of Exeter Professor and leading author of the GCB Pierre Friedlingstein, who will discuss:
- Current trends and sources in global carbon emissions
- The biggest emitters – and what can be done
- How leaders can use this data to build and support their net zero plans
- What emissions trends mean for the remaining carbon budget
- Challenges and recommendations to reach net-zero CO2 emissions, and limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius
- How we can demystify climate science and apply it to decision-making
- Pierre Friedlingstein, Professor and Chair in Mathematical Modelling of the Climate System at the University of Exeter
- Jamie Beck Alexander, Director, Drawdown Labs
- Dylan Siegler, VP Sustainability, GreenBiz Group.
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service: book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂