A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in ESG: The Did COP15 Deliver a Paris Moment for Biodiversity? What’s Next for Companies? free webinar on January 19.
Join us for a conversation on COP15 to discuss what biodiversity negotiators achieved in Montreal and which solutions are urgently needed to help halt and reverse biodiversity loss.
According to the UN Environment Programme, climate change is among the top five causes of biodiversity loss, alongside changes in land and sea use, pollution, resource extraction and the spread of invasive species. As such, we will explore how the biodiversity and climate crises reinforce each other and how their interconnection must inform the solutions we can advance to address them together.
In this webinar, biodiversity experts from academia and business will reflect on COP15’s outcomes and discuss:
- How companies can support global biodiversity goals
- What we can learn from climate action to replicate and improve for nature
- How companies can set measurable targets for nature, and assess and report their progress
- Theresa Lieb, Senior Analyst, Food Systems, GreenBiz Group
- Varsha Vijay, Ph.D., Technical Director, Science Based Targets Network (SBTN)
- Alexander K. Killion, Ph.D., Managing Director, Center for Biodiversity and Global Change, Yale University
- Madeline Hodge, Biodiversity Programme Lead, Ørsted
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service.
Alternatively, if you want to make your current job green, check out our online course Climate Literacy for Business.
Book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂