A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in ESG: The Net Zero in 2023 and beyond free webinar on February 23.
In 2023, governments around the world are increasing their demands for companies to prove that they operate sustainable and ethical businesses.
In the UK, the government’s recently published Net Zero Review revealed more can be done to reap the economic benefits of tackling climate change and Chris Skidmore MP, Chair of the Net Zero Review urged ministers and industry to make the most of the “historic opportunity” ahead.
At COP26, Rishi Sunak announced that all UK-listed businesses will be expected to publish decarbonisation plans from 2023 as the UK moves towards making it mandatory for companies to publish a clear, deliverable plan on how they will decarbonise and transition to net zero.
With most companies total carbon emissions created by their supply chains, transport and logistics operations – the onus is on this sector to act now.
In this webinar we will hear from leading academics, industry experts, policy makers and tech pioneers on all things net zero and how to plan, implement and measure decarbonisation and net zero strategies.
Chaired by Sharon Kindleysides, CILT(UK)’s CEO, this webinar will discuss:
- How do we ensure net zero commitments are turned into action?
- Are we on track to reach our targets?
- What type of emission scopes should businesses be tracking?
- What do we know so far about government requirements?
- How and why should businesses act early and get ahead of regulation?
- Professor Alan McKinnon – Professor of Logistics, Kuehne Logistics University
- Emma Ross – Head of Logistics Operations, Screwfix
- David de Picciotto – CEO and Co-Founder, Pledge
- David Elvy – Head Future of Freight Strategy, Department for Transport
- Luke Robinson – Group HSEQ Director, Wincanton
- Sharon Kindleysides – Chief Executive, CILT(UK) (Chair).
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service.
Alternatively, if you want to make your current job green, check out our online course Climate Literacy for Business.
Book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂