A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in waste reduction: The What Can Your Business Do About Plastic Pollution? free webinar on February 16.
Plastic. It’s everywhere—in our water, food, the air we breathe, and the packaging for many products we buy. Globally, we produce hundreds of millions of tons of plastic waste every year, which contributes to a host of health and environmental issues.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. Effective policy and good business practices can move us away from our reliance on fossil fuel-based plastic products. Join experts from across sectors to explore what your business can do about plastic pollution.
In this session, you will learn:
- The origins of plastic pollution and how big of a problem it really is
- What businesses can do to reduce plastic in their operations and support smart, sustainable design decisions across supply chains
- How businesses can support effective plastic and extended producer responsibility policies
- How to talk with your stakeholders about the power B Corps have to move markets and make a lasting impact on plastic pollution
- Examples from organizations working to address this issue
Speakers for this event include:
- Andrea Densham, Principal & Senior Policy Advisor, Densham Consulting
- Joel Brammeier, President & CEO, Alliance for the Great Lakes
- Kate Jakubas, Co-Founder, Meliora Cleaning Products.
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service.
Alternatively, if you want to make your current job green, check out our online course Climate Literacy for Business.
Book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂