A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in law: The How Can Any Lawyer Work on Climate?: An In-Depth Conversation with Leading Lawyers and Recruiters free webinar on September 20.
There are many opportunities to work on climate as a lawyer, no matter your employer, expertise, or seniority. Join us for a complimentary CLE webinar with climate-focused lawyers and recruiters as we explore how to do more work that matters. This webinar is for all lawyers at all levels, whether in-house, in private practice, or in a government role, as we will be sharing universal insights as well as specific tips for each sector. This webinar will also provide insights on how lawyers can make every job a climate job, and how to get hired by climate-conscious companies.
Panelists will include:
- Matt Karmel– Principal and Chair, Environmental and Sustainability Practice, Offit Kurman, P.A.
- Christine Uri– Former Chief Sustainability & Legal Officer, ENGIE Impact
- Aidan Bassett– Law Students for Climate Accountability, Georgetown University Law Center
- Sangeet Kaur– ESG-Focused Legal Recruiter, Pro Lawyers ESG
During the hour webinar, we will discuss:
- What employers are looking for in climate- and ESG-focused legal roles
- What planet-friendly legal roles are on the rise
- How to do more climate-conscious work no matter your position or seniority
- Whether certifications and supplemental degrees are necessary
- How to become a climate leader or increase your climate knowledge
- How emerging environmental issues are driving climate-friendly career opportunities
- Best practices and resources for addressing climate issues in your company or law firm
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service.
Alternatively, if you want to make your current job green, check out our online course Climate Literacy for Business.
Book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂