A good learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in a switch to the circular economy: the Achieving Plastics Circularity: Technology and Partnerships to Close the Loop free webinar on March 17. Here’s the description:
Advanced recycling methods have the potential to vastly increase the amount of plastic that gets recycled into feedstock and new products. For these innovations to work at the scale needed to address global plastic pollution, however, processes and infrastructure must be in place across the entire life cycle of plastics disposal and product production. How can industries make the changes necessary to capitalize on these opportunities to bring plastics recycling to scale?
This one-hour webinar will address the ways that technology and partnerships can work hand-in-hand to overcome persistent challenges. Attendees will learn:
- How advanced recycling technologies from companies such as Honeywell make it possible to recycle greater volumes of plastic.
- Why the availability of feedstock is the key to achieving true circularity—and the crucial role of waste management companies in achieving sufficient feedstock supply.
- How CPGs can make investments now to meet their recycled plastics commitments in the coming years.
- How cross-industry partnerships can create a positive-feedback loop of collection, recycling, and product production.
- Suz Okie, Circular Economy Analyst, GreenBiz Group
- Ben Owens, Vice President & General Manager, Honeywell Sustainable Technology Solutions
- Rick Perez, President & CEO, Avangard Innovative
To make the most of this and similar online events, be sure to read our article, How to leverage online industry events for your transition to a green job.