A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in sustainable agriculture: ClieNFarms online workshop: Climate-neutrality and food security free webinar on July 8.
On 8 July 2022, the first online public policy workshop of ClieNFarms will discuss solutions for climate neutral farming while ensuring food security.
The Horizon 2020 project ClieNFarms started in January 2022 and will test solutions for climate neutral farms. IFOAM Organics Europe is a partner of the project and is organising the workshop.
The war in Ukraine has put food security in the centre of the political debate.
While availability and affordability of food is a top priority for all, increasing production at the expense of the environment is not the solution.
We need to make our food production systems less reliant from external inputs (fossil fuel, fertilisers, imported feed, etc.) and more resilient.
In this workshop, we will shed light on this debate and discuss solutions for climate-neutral farming while ensuring food security. Inevitably, we will also need to debate the EU’s dependence on feed and fertiliser imports as well as the need for dietary change and reduction of food waste.
- Jacques-Eric Bergez, INRAE, ClieNFarms coordinator
- Alexander Müller, TMG Think Tank for Sustainability
- Nathalie Bolduc, Research Fellow, IDDRI
- Herwig Ranner, Unit Environmental Sustainability, DG Agriculture and Rural Development
- Eric Gall, Deputy Director, IFOAM Organics Europe
- Patrick Pagani, Senior Policy Advisor, COPA-COGECA
- Célia Nyssens, Senior Policy Officer for Agriculture and Food systems, EEB
- Daniel Zimmer, Climate-KIC
- Bram Moeskops, Research & Innovation Manager, IFOAM Organics Europe
To make the most of this and similar online events, be sure to read our article, How to leverage online industry events for your transition to a green job.