A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in sustainable design: The Circular Fashion Starts at the Beginning free webinar on October 18.
From our clothes and eyeglasses to the water bottles and handbags we carry, the choices we make about how we present ourselves to the world says a lot about who we are and what we value. And according to recent research from Shelton Group, a third of Americans want to be seen as someone who buys green products. What makes fashion green has everything to do with what it’s made from. While a lot of the focus on making fashion more sustainable is on the end-of-life impacts (148 metric tons of waste per year by 2030), we must also “green up” the inputs, using sustainable materials to minimize the disastrous impacts of unsustainable farming, logging and extraction, and pollution of waterways. These inputs must also be durable to ensure longevity of the final products. Eyewear crosses the boundaries between fashion and functionality, making materials highly critical. Join circular materials innovator Eastman and two leading eyewear companies as they discuss their journey to convert entire portfolios to sustainable materials.
In this hour-long webcast you’ll learn:
- Key highlights from recent consumer research about expectations towards sustainable fashion accessories
- How entire value chains from raw material producers up to final product makers can join forces to lead the way towards a full switch to sustainable portfolio in an effective manner
- Key learnings and best practices from two leading eyewear companies on how they quickly and successfully adopted sustainable materials
- How to build an effective message about sustainable materials and molecular recycling to get buy in from internal stakeholders and consumers
- Deonna Anderson, Senior Editor, GreenBiz Group
- Rachel Oakley, Global Segment Manager, Eyewear, Eastman
- Alessandro Bellati, Director, Product Innovation & N.A. Product Design & Creation, SAFILO
- Xenia Glutz, Director, Corporate Social Responsibility & CSR Communications, MYKIT
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service: book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂