A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in ESG: The Beyond Corporate Net Zero: Investment & Innovation to Accelerate the Global Transition free webinar on October 20.
Companies are stepping up to establish science-aligned net zero commitments. Yet it is increasingly clear that to fully meet the moment of the climate crisis, companies must look beyond their ‘four walls’ to ensure that they are maximizing contributions to our ultimate goal: global net zero. Leaders in the private sector are thinking about how to leverage their creativity, ambition, and capital to speed the clean energy transition and protect nature – both within and beyond their value chains. But while the concept of ‘beyond value chain mitigation’ is gaining traction in corporate sustainability, paths to maximize climate impact remain murky. This webcast will focus on two key levers for companies to contribute to global net zero: technological innovation and climate finance through carbon markets.
Topics will include:
- How leading companies are approaching beyond value chain mitigation strategies and building the business case
- Tips for navigating quality and maximizing impact in the voluntary carbon market
- Key opportunities for corporate support of climate innovation
- John Davies, Senior Vice President & Analyst, GreenBiz Group
- Elizabeth Sturcken, Managing Director, EDF+Business
- More speakers TBD.
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service: book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂