A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in ESG: The How to Reach Net Zero: Decarbonisation & Carbon Markets free webinar on January 11.
In the first of a series of webinars providing a guide to corporate offsetting, the focus will be on the role of carbon markets in reaching net zero emissions. Although this session is designed as a foundation for more advanced topics in the series, it nonetheless comprehensively covers:
– The meaning of decarbonisation and net zero
– Scopes 1-3 in the context of carbon footprinting
– Introduction to compliance carbon markets and voluntary carbon markets
– Overview of the role played by standards, project developers, and exchanges in both markets
– Offsetting methodologies
– Permanence, additionality, and leakage
– Carbon credit issuances and retirement
– Different approaches to offsetting
Viewers will also have a Q&A session with industry-leading speakers Mark Lewis and Karim Kanji at the end.
Mark Lewis, Head of Climate Research – Andurand Capital Management
Karim Kanji, Executive Director, Product Development and Markets – Net Zero Markets.
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service: book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂