A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in clean water: The Emerging Pollutants: Protecting Water Quality for the Health of People and the Environment online conference on January 17-19.
The Online Conference will highlight the ways the world can advance knowledge, research and solutions for managing emerging pollutants to improve and protect water quality in a changing world.
The main objectives of the conference are to:
- Explore the impacts of emerging pollutants on water resources, considering technical and policy solutions to mitigate and reduce human health and ecological risks, bearing in mind increasing demand on water resources, as well as impacts of global climatic and demographic changes.
- Identify the appropriate water policies and technologies needed to motivate change in water management, business, and policy priorities to address emerging pollutants.
- Highlight the bold policy and institutional change needed to support the transformation in water management and policy and across other sectors to ensure better and more reliable water quality to protect human health and ecosystems.
- Showcase successful efforts of innovative, nature-positive, and technological solutions for improved water quality and reduced water pollution.
- Examine the life cycle management of emerging pollutants to find solutions not only at end-of-pipe, but also solutions based on a circular economy approach and working with industry, regulators, and local communities, as well as engaging all relevant stakeholders (including under-represented groups).
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service: book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂