A useful learning and networking opportunity for anyone interested in the circular economy: The Green Jobs for Circularity free webinar on March 27.
Bringing together a diverse panel of experts from the public sector, private sector and civil society, this session aims to draw attention to one of the essential enablers for scaling circular business models. Overconsumption of materials and natural resources causes 45% of GHG emissions and 90% of biodiversity loss. The circular economy can support achieving the 2030 Agenda by reducing material and resource consumption while enhancing the economic and social development and reducing environmental degradation.
This side event will examine the following key guiding questions:
- What are the enabling policies to accelerate the transition towards an inclusive circular economy?
- What are some of the existing skills gaps in scaling circularity in high impact sectors? What is required to overcome this gap?
- What do you think are the priority areas where acceleration of green jobs needed to achieve circularity?
- Increased understanding on the importance to invest in green skills and policies to drive for an inclusive circular economy in high impact sectors.
- Suggested recommendations and action points to promote creation of green jobs for youth at the local and national levels.
- Identification of existing barriers and possible solutions through sharing of best practices, knowledge and tools available.
If you need help on your green job search check out our online course How to Make a Mid-Career Transition to a Green Job and career coaching service.
Alternatively, if you want to make your current job green, check out our online course Climate Literacy for Business.
Book a free 30 minute discovery chat to learn more 🙂